Southern Tactical Range is OPEN for shooting.
Membership cards are being printed. Come in, get your picture taken and then pick up your card on your next visit.
Due to the continued damage to the static steel targets and moving targets, steel rental fees will be implemented as listed under the Membership/Rates section of the website. The 600yd and 1000yd ranges are excluded from these fees.
A $5 rental fee for Static Steel Targets. A $5 rental fee for moving targets. ONLY .45 or lower caliber for pistols and 5.56 or lower caliber for rifle (55 grain, hollow point and frangible only) for distances less than 100yds (NO GREEN OR TITANIUM TIPPED ALLOWED ON STEEL TARTGETS). For distances greater than 100yds check with the office for allowable caliber versus distance shooting. NO ARMOR PIERCING, GREEN TIPS, TITANIUM TIPPED AMMUNITION ALLOWED FOR USE WITH STEEL TARGETS.
Our pistol, 100 yd, 300 yd, 600 yd, 1000 yd ranges, Training/Private bays and Sporting Clays are open Wednesday thru Sunday. We have 17 of the 22 Training/Private bays open for use. Tired of only shooting paper, Southern Tactical Range offers our members the ability to shoot steel, 3d and reactive targets.
The Membership Packages have been revised to simplify and clarify the packages. There are still a limited number of memberships available. Once these slots are filled we will be starting a waiting list.
We are now offering monthly payment options for the Memberships.
Sporting Clays are open for shooting 5 days a week or by appointment on Mondays and Tuesdays. We have also started construction of the 5 Stand area. We have golf carts for rent if you need one, if not bring your own or walk the course. We are now taking reservations for Sporting Clay events. Here are links to videos with our Sporting Clays Course; Sporting Clay 1 & Sporting Clay 2.
We still have a lot of work to do for the overall project, such as grassing the berms, building more shooting benches, baffles, sound fencing, office, lodge and more pavilions.
All three of our paintball fields are OPEN for use (wood ball, hyper ball and speed ball) on weekends and special events.
The static archery target range and a small section of 3D range are NOW open for use. Check out the following website for further details http://southern-paintball.com/.
We are currently offering a variety of training classes from both local and National instructors. These classes include CCW, Advanced CCW, Pistol 1, Pistol 2, Rifle 1, Rifle 2, Intermediate Shooting, Long Range, Multi-Gun and Sporting Clays/Skeet/5Stand. Our upcoming training classes are listed under the Training tab of this website. You can also contact us for further information. 3rd Party Instructors are WELCOME.
We have been asked about competitions and are pleased to announce that we are now hosting IPDA, Multi-Gun and 22 LR competitions. We are working on hosting F-Class, GSSF, Long Range Precision, USPSA and Steel Challenge competitions. Our upcoming competition schedule is listed under the Competition tab of this website. You can also contact us for further information. We offer training classes for the above mentioned competitions.
Tired of waiting for available shooting stations and range closures at other ranges? Southern Tactical Range will provide more shooting stations in it's Public and Members areas. We are a short drive from Crestview, Milton, and Pace and a modest drive from Pensacola, Navarre, Ft Walton Bch and Destin accessible via Hwy 90 and I10. We are close to various lodgings and restaurants. We have excellent cellular service for the shooter who likes to stay in contact with their surroundings.
Southern Tactical is developing 211 acres to provide North West Florida with an elite shooting facility.
On Going Range Development With Projected Phased Completions
- 18 Station -Sporting Clay Range (3 additional stations will be added in the future)
- 5-Stand Station (under development)
- 25 Yard Pistol (25 shooting stations)
- 100 Yard Rifle Range (26 shooting stations)
- Paintball Fields – 3 fields (1 four acre Wood Ball, 1 Hyper Ball and 1 Speed Ball regulation fields with official NCPA & PSP approved inflatable bunkers)
- Archery Static and 3D Areas
- 25 Yard Pistol (25 shooting stations)
- (17) Training, Competition, Private Shooting Bays (360 degree action, Multi-Gun, reactive target, steel targets and black powder) (additional 5 bays under development)
- 300 Yard Rifle Range (55 shooting stations) Benches and Prone shooting locations.
- 600 Yard (multi purpose range, Multi-Gun staging / competition areas) (12 benched shooting stations and numerous prone shooting stations)
- 1000+ Yard Long Range (33+ shooting stations, multi-tiered shooting platforms (construction to start in the near future)) Ground level shooting currently available.
- 10 Acre Mock / Sim City for Urban / Active Shooting Training and Paintball / Airsoft - 4th quarter of 2019
- Sim Houses for Sim Rounds / Paintball / Airsoft - 4th quarter of 2019